Final Exam Review: 12/2018
Preparing for the AP Biology College Board Exam
REVIEW SESSIONS SCHEDULE:
Click here for the REVISED 2019 AP Exam Review Session Schedule
REVIEW SESSION #1 (2/27/19. ~90 min). *All review sessions will begin at 3:40
Getting Ready for AP Bio Exam:
Review Power Points for Units:
A. Biochem and Cells
B. Cell Energy
C. Genetics- Part 1A; Part 1B
D. Genetics (Molecular)- Part 2A
E. Genetics (Molecular)- Part 2B
F. Genetics (Molecular); Viruses & Bacteria- Pt 2C
H. Animal Systems (Anatomy and Physiology)
I. Sensory Mechanisms of Nervous System
J. Plants- Pt 1; Pt 2
Additional Review Material:
1- Review Questions (by Big Idea)
2- AP Bio Exam Review- thorough.....and long!
3- One Month Away Study guide
4- On-line Practice Questions
5- On-line Practice Questions- another site
5- Great site -and not just for AP Bio! https://www.albert.io/ap-biology (**This is the link for their FREE site- we have subscriptions for the PAID site in 2018-19, which is phenomenal. Use the codes I provided in class)
6- These Bozeman videos are used by almost every AP Bio teacher in the nation. He has a Labs Review video, as well as an AP Exam Review video. Watch them!
7- GREAT SITE for review of immune system and response, neuron signaling, etc. Interactive and actually fun!
8- Great links for AP Bio Exam review
9- Cliff notes- found online
10- Quantitative Review- Essential to work these problems!
11-AP Exam Review
Concepts 1-4 Key
Concept 5 Key- Molecular Genetics
Concept 6 Key- Regulation
Concept 7 Key- Evolution
Concept 8 Key- Ecology
*Keys (above) modified by the 'Big Ideas'
12- Big Idea 3- Information and Regulation
These are PPts with Diagrams. Focus on the overall processes, and not detailed processes:
a. Cell Cycle Overview PPt
b. Information, Communication and Regulation Overview PPt:
c. Some of these have more specific info than you will have to know, but go over them if you feel more review is needed in these areas:
13. Intro to Statistics- Thoroughly covers equations and relevance to AP Bio (and the Exam). Has examples of every type of problem, and how to solve them.
14. MATH REVIEW PPt (with key and review of concepts). I'll either post the link after Session #1 or have hard copies available...just ask!;
15. LAB REVIEW:
a. Review of Labs is here
b. Lab Review PPt
c. Lab Review Worksheet
d. Water Potential Review
16. Study Guide based on curriculum framework
17. www.albert.io - I gave you the code Fall semester. I 'assigned' everyone all the questions they had available (and entered a due date of late May, 2019.) These are certainly NOT required by me, however it would be an excellent way for you to review. The questions are very similar to College Board Exam questions.
18. www.crackap.com/. Website with AP practice exam questions (in all subjects)
19. Rice University online AP Bio course/review
20. Here's a teacher's website with many Practice Exam links and a plethora of review resources. Check it out!
21. AP Review Songs
22. Evolution Resources and Links provided from Mr. Knuffke's live review session
23. MORE PRACTICE GRID-IN PROBLEMS from another teacher. I will post the key the week before the exam so you can check your answers as you prepare for the Exam. (*someone send me a Remind if I forget)
AP EXAM- IMPORTANT TO GO OVER:
LAST 'MINUTE' PREP TIPS
1- Be sure you only bring 1-2 calculators; 3-4 pencils and 2 black or dark blue pens (for FRQ).
2- Go over the Power Words. Open this link. It's excellent.
3- Go over the formula sheet on the College Board site.
4- Go to the Bozeman AP Bio site and watch his last minute reviews.
5- Top 10 things to know from each unit
College Board AP Exam Course Description- Essential tool for the student. It not only gives the objectives, but shows which ones are NOT on this year's exam. ALSO, it gives practice questions (both MC and FRQ) with a key (toward the end of the huge document).
AP Bio Data from the 2013 Exam. This was the first year CB redesigned the Exam and the data from 2014-2017 Exams looks very similar.
AP Bio Quantitative Review- Essential to go over math applications and connect to the concepts! We will do this in the first and last Review Sessions, starting late February, 2019
FRQs - Strategies
FRQs- Released questions from all years are on the College Board Website. Also, I posted a link earlier in the year of FRQs by topic (see right hand column of this blog).
AP Bio Exam Review Sessions (posted 12/2018):