1. Classification Chart: You don't have to fill in the Animals until we get to that unit. You may also create an excel file to complete this assignment (I'll show you an example on the white board). Parade through the Kingdoms packet. For Protists and Fungi, only know general characteristics (see the PPts in right hand column). Also, omit Animals until the next unit
2. Transformation Video and Worksheet: Bozeman
3. Bacterial Transformation Virtual Lab: 2017 & 2018. (2016-LabBench- Transformation. Go to Pearson site and complete this sheet )
4. Bacterial Resistance- Case Study . Be sure to go over this for Antibiotic Resistance and know the bold terms
5. BioFlix- Go to the Pearson site, click on BioFlix and watch "Water Transport". Here is the url: http://media.pearsoncmg.com/bc/bc_0media_bio/bioflix/bioflix.htm?8apwater
Complete this worksheet. Do the quiz and put the answers in your journal.
6. If you need to go over the basics of Water Potential, take a look at this
7. Here's a sheet (key included) you did on 'Water Potential Problems' back in August. Go over it! If you need more help, go over my Water Potential PPt and/or review the Bozeman video you watched in Unit 2. You could also take a look at the LabBench you did on Water Potential in Ch 2
8. Water Potential Problems- Review (required!)
9. We will do at least one of these virtual labs:
11. Plant Hormones WS
12. Video- Life Cycle of Angiosperms (youtube)
13. Reading Guides (multiple): Hard copy only
14. masteringbiology.com assignments- check often!
Lab #1- Transformation:
1- Transformation Pre-Lab - LabBench (Pearson site)
2- Watch: http://www.bozemanscience.com/ap-bio-lab-6-molecular-biology and complete pGlo Transformation Worksheet
3- LAB GROUPS-READ THIS BEFORE YOU START
4- Transformation Lab Quick guide
What you must complete and turn in for this lab:
1- Questions from Parts/Lessons 1-3 of Bio Rad Student Guide. You may type answers and attach, if more space is needed.
2- Part/Lesson 4: Instead of the questions from BioRad Lab, you may complete these and attach (*note: if you prefer the BioRad Lesson 4 format, you may do it and omit the following):
Glowing Bacteria: Transformation Efficiency
Lab #2- Transpiration
1. Transpiration Virtual- 2018
2. Transpiration Virtual Lab 2017
3. LabBench- Transpiration- PreLab. Here's the url: http://www.phschool.com/science/biology_place/labbench/lab9/intro.html
Complete the sheet (hard copy provided...can't find electronic file) while you do the interactive. Take the quiz at the end and write the answers at the end of the handout. Attach handout to either the lab or to the virtual lab, depending on whichever one we do.
4- Before the lab, watch this Bozeman video: Transpiration
and complete this worksheet
5- If time permits: Transpiration Lab: /uploads/5/7/0/5/57056809/ap_biology_lab_9a_alternative_version.doc
To see pictures of Lab set up: Click here
Overview of what to know for the Unit 7 test.
1- STUDY GUIDE FOR PROKARYOTES, PROTISTS, FUNGI
2- Plants Review Sheet. Also: Go over my PPts to study the Plants. If you need more detail, go read about it in your book. BUT, do not focus on any topics in your book that were not mentioned in the PPts or review sheet. Parts of many chapters were omitted, as they are not in the AP Standards.
3- Good youtube video for Test Review - Plants-
Power Points and Prezis
Classification- use for Unit 7: Revised in 2016
Ch 27 -this was revised in 2016.
Ch 28- 2016- 2018 (shortened)
Ch 28 Pt 1 - Longer (used in 2015)
Ch 28 Pt 2 - Longer (used in 2015)
Ch 31- 2016-2018 (shortened)
Ch 31 - Longer (used in 2015)
Transformation Lab PPt
Supplement PPt for Ch 30 Angiosperms- 2016 (some of Ch 30 & a little of Ch 38)
Ch 29, 30 (and little of 35- Focus on the leaf). 2016. Also, be sure and study cladogram on PPt: ex- algae evolved before charophyte)
*Note- we will not do Ch 37 (not on AP Exam)
Videos, Lectures & other Resources
Bozeman Videos are highly recommended.
For lectures, watch 'Science with Mr.J' on youtube.com